Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: garden

1953-College Grounds7.jpg
This wooden pergola with climbing roses ran east-west from the College gates towards the auditorium. The pergola was later replaced with a steel structure which is still on the campus today.

1953-College Grounds6.jpg
This pleasance was situated in a small open area created between lecture classrooms. A small figure, named "Naied", was placed in a small pool of water at one end. "Naied", by K Murray-Jardine, was given to the College by an anonymous donor.

1953-College Grounds1.jpg
An avenue of Pencil Pines led from the College gates down to the Auditorium, interspersed with tall lamps. A couple of these lamps can still be seen on South Campus.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2