Browse Items (1274 total)

  • Tags: Wagga Wagga

RW5_017_382.jpg
Photographic postcard showing the Wesleyan Church, on the corner of Johnston and Tarcutta Streets, addressed to Mrs Melvin. This church was officially opened in October 1949.

RW5_017_376.jpg
A hand-coloured photographic postcard addressed to Nurse Melvin. The photograph shows Baylis Street around 1900. The photographer is facing south, standing at the corner of Baylis and Morrow Streets.

This postcard is part of a series by the Crown…

RW5_017_372.jpg
A hand-coloured photographic postcard addressed to Miss K Melvin. The photograph shows Gurwood Street around 1900. The photographer is facing west, standing on the verandah or roof of The Commerical Hotel in Fitzmaurice Street.

This postcard is…

RW5_017_370.jpg
A hand-coloured photographic postcard addressed to Nurse Melvin. The photograph shows Fitzmaurice Street around 1900. The photographer is facing south, with the photograph including the Gurwood Street corner.

This postcard is part of a series,…

RW5_017_386.jpg
One of the Wagga town bands on parade, down Fitzmaurice Street during the 1880s or 1890s. The photograph was taken at the corner of Fitzmaurice and Kincaid Streets, also known as Crown Corner.

RW5_017_407.jpg
A panoramic view of Wagga Wagga, taken from the north-west side of Willans Hill.

RW5_017_400.jpg
A commemorative service (Anzac Day? Remembrance Day?) held at the Victory Memorial Gardens in Wagga Wagga, probably during the 1940s. Men and women in uniform line the footpaths.

RW5_017_398.jpg
Wagga Wagga cyclists on morning before a race day, outside of the Post Office on Fitzmaurice Street.

RW5_025_564.jpg
One of the many floods of the Murrumbidgee River that covered Fitzmaurice Street. This photograph was taken outside The Pastoral Hotel (now ABC Riverina Studios), looking north down Fitzmaurice Street.

RW5_022_548.jpg
The paddock of the police barracks in Wagga Wagga, alongside the Wollundry Lagoon. The location is now the site of the Victory Memorial Gardens.

RW5_022_547.jpg
The paddock of the police barracks in Wagga Wagga, alongside the Wollundry Lagoon. The location is now the site of the Victory Memorial Gardens.

RW5_022_545.jpg
The interior of the Wagga Wagga Drill Hall (located on the corner of Gurwood and Beckwith Streets) after having been completely destroyed by fire. The hall had been built in 1899 for the use of 'G' Company.
A few years after the fire, building firm,…

RW5_022_554.jpg
Photograph showing some of the Fitzmaurice Street hotels during one of the 1891 floods.
The photograph includes Bellair's Commercial Hotel (now Romano's); Millenet's Criterion Hotel (including the offices of Wilkinson, Lavender and Chapman, stock…

RW5_022_553.jpg
Photograph of people outside an unknown hotel in Fitzmaurice Street, during one of the 1891 floods in Wagga Wagga. In the foreground, the water is up to the horse's chest, while three men try to keep their feet dry by standing on the carriage.
Above…

RW5_022_552.jpg
Photograph of Fitzmaurice Street in flood during the very wet year of 1891. The water has not completely covered the entire street but the lower lying areas have already been inundated. The photographer is standing just to the north of the…

RW5_022_546.jpg
Photograph of Fitzmaurice Street, Wagga Wagga, taken from the top of the sandhill outside Victoria House and the Court House. The street is decorated with flags and bunting in celebration of an unknown event.

RW5_022_107.jpg
Wagga Wagga Fire Brigade with: GA Smith, P. Spiers (standing), E. Atherton and G. Shaw (seated). With inscription: "To J.W. Edney, ? With compliments. From G.A.S".

RW5_038.jpg
Colour photograph of Percy Condon and young man. Inscription on reverse: "Percy L Condon, just after his 70th Birthday, handing over the keys on behalf of Great Southern Motors to Mr Westman, winner of Car in Ambulance Art Union."

Shaw family and staff [RW5_8].jpg
Group of twenty workers and family members posed outside the Shaw family business (presumably at the back of the building).

1968 - Baringa.pdf
"Baringa" was a Literary Magazine published by the students of Wagga Wagga Teachers' College. It was mostly comprised of poetry and prose, all student compositions, though in later years it expanded to include visual works as well.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2