The E.H. Graham Memorial Gates

Opening of E.H.G Memorial Gates (1).jpg

Title

The E.H. Graham Memorial Gates

Date

19 September 1958

Subject

Wagga Wagga Teachers' College

Description

The E.H.G. Memorial Gates were a gift to the College from the students of the 1958-1959 Session and memorialised the State Member for Wagga Wagga, Mr. Edgar H. Graham, who had died in office the previous year. The gates were installed at the entrance to the playing fields on the Wagga Wagga Teachers' College Campus.
The gates can still be seen on the Wagga Wagga Campus of Charles Sturt University at the entrance to Pugsley Place, close by the Graham Building, which was also officially opened on 19 September 1958.
The original gate posts are still in situ in Urana Street.

Creator

Wagga Wagga Teachers' College

Identifier

CSURA SA1/398

Original Format

Coloured transparency (slide)

Citation

Wagga Wagga Teachers' College, “The E.H. Graham Memorial Gates,” CSU Regional Archives Digital Gallery, accessed August 19, 2018, https://csuregarch.intersect.org.au/items/show/1520.

Geolocation

Social Bookmarking