G Company, 1st Regiment of Volunteer Infantry

RW5_017_395.jpg

Title

G Company, 1st Regiment of Volunteer Infantry

Date

c.1880

Description

The Wagga Wagga Volunteer Corps (G Company) was formed in late 1884 with almost one hundred men enrolling. The armoury was located in Gurwood Street. At the beginning of any parade, the volunteers would assemble outside the armoury.

Identifier

RW5/385

Publisher

Wagga Wagga and District Historical Society

Original Format

Photographic print

Physical Dimensions

100x145mm

Citation

“G Company, 1st Regiment of Volunteer Infantry,” Charles Sturt University Regional Archives Digital Gallery, accessed July 5, 2020, https://csuregarch.intersect.org.au/items/show/1812.

Geolocation